Last Updated on December 1, 2020
Can motivational quotes drive you to success?
What is your measure of success? At what stage of success do you currently stand?
Across the ages of this world, there are people, some famous some not, who have uttered burning words that when your psyche consumes them, they move you to do extraordinary things.
These words are used as motivational quotes. They can push you out of your comfort zone and take you by hand through various stages to success.
Many writers have written about several stages of success. Two stages, three stages, four stages, five stages, six stages of success and even seven stages of success. Whatever the number of stages, and terminology used, the ideas revolve around four major stages to success.
Your goal is to determine at what stage you are. Then assimilate motivational quotes that speak to your stage of success. The quotes will cement your resolve to continue pressing on. With dedication and self-discipline, you surely have a chance to the compensation stage of success.
Stage 1. Conception
That is where it all begins.
A small seed will germinate. It will go through several stages of life. Eventually, it will bloom into a huge tree and bear fruit.
Multi-million companies started with an idea and grew into what they are today. So for every success, there is a conception that takes place. Once the idea is conceived, the owner of the idea natures it.
The idea is watered. Pruned and fertilized. Shielded against adverse weather. Before long the idea blooms into success. To the benefit of the originator.
To the 7 billion-plus people across the world, an idea can come to anyone. You inclusive. Maybe as you read this, you have had several ideas that you wanted to develop. For some reason, you have not proceeded to nature your ideas.
Or maybe you could have started working on your idea and grown cold feet along the way. That is okay. You can still get up, dust yourself, and start moving again.
So if your idea is to make a WordPress website or to make a laptop with a self-recharging battery, you need inspiration. That little persistent voice that keeps on urging you to try one more time. And that is what these motivational quotes are meant for. To give you impetus at whatever stage you are on your road to success.
Motivational Quotes for Conception Stage
- “Everything Begins With An Idea.” – Earl Nightingale
- “There Is One Thing Stronger Than All The Armies In The World, And That Is An Idea Whose Time Has Come.”– Victor Hugo
- “Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea.” – Jim Rohn
- “A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. Ideas have endurance without death.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on.” ― Steve Jobs
- “The air is full of ideas. They are knocking you in the head all the time. You only have to know what you want, then forget it, and go about your business. Suddenly, the idea will come through. It was there all the time.” – Henry Ford
- “An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
- “Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it’s done right.” – Walt Disney
- “If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Don’t be afraid of new ideas. Be afraid of old ideas. They keep you where you are and stop you from growing and moving forward. Concentrate on where you want to go, not on what you fear.” – Anthony Robbins
- “You can imprison a man, but not an idea. You can exile a man, but not an idea. You can kill a man, but not an idea.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out.” – Dee Hock
- “A good idea will keep you awake during the morning, but a great idea will keep you awake during the night.” – Marilyn vos Savant
- “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.” – Tim Ferriss
- “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Uber, the world’s largest taxi company, owns no vehicles. Facebook, the world’s most popular media owner, creates no content. Alibaba, the most valuable retailer, has no inventory. And Airbnb, the world’s largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate. Something interesting is happening.” – Tom Goodwin
- “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.” – Steve Jobs
- “You see things and you say ‘Why?’; but I dream things that never were and I say ‘Why not?’” – George Bernard Shaw
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “An idea is a new combination of old elements.” – Gordon Drydon
- “Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.” – Thomas Edison
- “You do things when the opportunities come along. I’ve had periods in my life when I’ve had a bundle of ideas come along, and I’ve had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I’ll do something. If not, I won’t do a damn thing.” – Warren Buffet
- “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life. Think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. That is way great spiritual giants are produced.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Money never starts an idea; it is the idea that starts the money.” – William J. Cameron
- “After years of telling corporate citizens to ‘trust the system’, many companies must relearn instead to trust their people and encourage them to use neglected creative capacities in order to tap the most potent economic stimulus of all: idea power.” – Rosabeth Moss Kanter
- “A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.” – Antoine St. Exupery
- “What good is an idea if it remains an idea? Try. Experiment. Iterate. Fail. Try again. Change the world.” – Simon Sinek
- “There’s a way to do it better—find it.” –Thomas Edison
- “The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all what the world needs most are dreamers that do.” –Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” – Albert Einstein
- “Innovation only survives when people believe in their own ideas.” – Levo League
- “Innovation comes from saying NO to 1,000 things.” –Steve Jobs
Stage 2: Inspiration
You have the idea. It may sound weird. It may be out of the blues. But it is an idea.
You need the energy, you need that drive to work on your idea. To the extent that nothing will and should discourage you. You need that unwavering inspiration.
There may be moments of self-doubt that will crop up. Situations will arise that will intimidate you into giving up. There will be monsters of disturbance.
Where do you churn up the drive to keep working on your idea? That inspiration to push you forward. Here are inspirational quotes to encourage you.
Motivational Quotes for Inspiration Stage
- “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” ―Vince Lombardi
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ―Nelson Mandela
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ―Dale Carnegie
- “How long should you try? Until.” ―Jim Rohn
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ―Thomas Edison
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”– Albert Einstein
- “Nothing in the world can replace perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost legendary. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.”– Calvin Coolidge
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” –Thomas Edison
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” – John Quincy Adams
- “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
- “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”- Henry Ford
- “There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.” – Hope Hicks
- “If you never give up, you’ll be successful.” – Dan O’Brien
- “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” —Newt Gingrich
- “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” – Jack Ma
- “Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow’.”– Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Don’t give up. There are too many nay-sayers out there who will try to discourage you. Don’t listen to them. The only one who can make you give up is yourself.” – Sidney Sheldo
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “It’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
- “The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s what you’re made of. Not the circumstances.” – Unknown
- “To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don’t worry about darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest.” – Napoleon Hill
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” – Mae Jemison
- “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “Always ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.” – Paulo Coelho
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.” — Vince Lombardi
- “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” — Tony Robbins
- “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” – Zig Ziglar
- “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” – Albert Ellis
- “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced.” – Swami Vivekananda
At the beginning of this post, I mentioned about giving you motivational quotes for four stages to success. I have given you motivational quotes for two stages. That leaves out the expedition and compensation stages. Motivational quotes for these two stages will come under another post. Look out for it and indicate in the comments about any motivational quote that inspires you the most.